Tuesday 16 September 2014

ALBERTINE A UNIQUE RABBIT!

Do you like surprises? Let me tell you about the sweet surprise I had just a couple of weeks ago., from a long time friend of mine, we go back to the days when we both started out with soft sculpture art, making collectable animals in mohair and alpaca etc. We had so much fun although we didn't live close to one another but kept in touch by phone each week, sharing our inspiration and family lives what the children were up to etc, good times and  bad you probably know the kind of thing!

My friend still makes soft sculpture animals although I gave it up when I injured my wrist some years back and I go and check her web site whenever she puts up new work. One day a little rabbit named Albertine appeared on the web site, she was so sweet and exactly the colour of the beautiful rose she was named for, time passed and Albertine was still there I couldn't believe it, nor could my friend!

Then a couple of weeks ago a box arrived in the post for me, well I had no idea what it could be, I couldn't have been more surprised when I opened the box and sitting in the pretty blue tissue was Albertine....!!!! Of course I phoned my friend right away and thanked her for such a lovely gift, I thought you might like to see Albertine, isn't she adorable!
My friend is Amanda Ferguson and her web site is 
http://www.honeypotbears.com

 ~Jackie~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww thank you Jackie I am so glad you liked her....Hazel will be ready soon for the site :) Xxx

Lorraine said...

How adorable! I've always admired bear/doll artists.

Donna Heber said...

Jackie,

Albertine is so adorable! You are one lucky lady! Enjoy your cute bear.